Skip to main content

Non-Domestic Sewer Permits

Non-Domestic Sewer Permit Application Forms & Payment

PDF Forms Electronic Online Submission Forms Comments
Non-Domestic Sewer Permit Electronic - Non-Domestic Sewer Permit  
Roadway Agreement Electronic - Roadway Agreement  
Sewage Pump Agreement N/A

Requires Notarization

If you submit your application and payment electronically, don’t forget to email us a copy of your Land Use Application to:    

Click This Link to Make Electronic Payment  (Make One-Time Payment)

You can opt to print the PDF forms, complete them and either mail or bring the completed forms to our office at 1270 Crottlestown Road, Chambersburg, along with payment, OR  for convenience purposes you can use the Online Forms to submit your application forms and payment electronically to us.

Non-Domestic - Non-Domestic sewer permits are for any type of non-residential uses  (including in-home based business such as beauty shop, etc.) or commercial accounts

When Do I Need to Get My Sewer Permit?

Before you can obtain a building permit, you must have both your Land Use Application and Sewer Permit

  1. You will need to obtain your Land Use Application from the Hamilton Township Supervisors' office and provide a copy of that permit to our office as part of your sewer permit application.
  2. You can make application for your sewer permit and pay the applicable tapping fee at our office in person or electronically through our website.   

Permit Fees & Payment

              Payment of permit fees can now be made electronically through our website at the link above.  If you do not want to pay electronically, then payment must either be mailed or brought to our office at:  1270 Crottlestown Road, Chambersburg.  Costs for all Non-Domestic permit applications are based upon estimated usage.

Non-Domestic Sewer Permit Costs:

  • Tapping Fee per EDU - $4,500.00 -- Refer to detail below
  • Permit Fee -                           25.00
  • If your sewer connection will use a grinder pump, there will be a Sewage Pump Agreement Filing Fee of $38.50.

                       NOTE:  All Non-Domestic accounts must install a water meter on the outside of the building, as all bills will be based upon actual consumption.

With regard to a Commercial Establishment, as defined by Hamilton Township Ordinance No. 37, as amended from time to time, and/or Non-Domestic Establishments, as defined by HTMA Resolution No. 32, as amended, each Commercial Establishment must apply initially for its projected required EDUs and pay the then current Tapping Fee per each EDU reserved.  If a Commercial Establishment exceeds its retained EDUs, it must pay the current Tapping Fee per each EDU utilized in excess of its retained capacity.  The initial determination of the number of EDUs shall be based on information provided by the applicant.  Such information must be reasonably accurate, and if found to be in error by more than ten (10) percent, HTMA shall have the right to make suitable upward adjustments in all applicable fees.  No refunds, however, shall be available for any decrease in estimated EDU consumption of sewerage capacity.

The daily EDU rate for non-residential uses will be calculated as follows:

Daily Flow (gallons per day) / Act 57 Flow (gpd/EDU) = Number of EDU’s per day

Example: Daily flow rate of 325 gallons per day (1 EDU = 234 gpd/EDU)

                        325gpd / 234 gal. = 1.39 EDU’s




  • IF ROADWAY WILL BE INVOLVED WITH YOUR SEWER CONNECTION   (Roadway Agreement will be necessary component of sewer permit application)
  • Township Roadway:  If a Township roadway will be involved you will need to apply for a Road Occupancy permit from the Hamilton Township Supervisors, and a copy of the permit will need to be furnished to HTMA.  The property owner is solely responsible for both temporary and final road restoration as per the Supervisors’ requirements.

  • State Roadway:  If a State roadway will be involved, HTMA must in turn apply for a Road Occupancy Permit from PennDOT.  The property owner or their contractor must place a green stake where you want to connect to the sewer.  You must then contact HTMA’s office at (717) 264-8959 to notify us that the stake has been placed so we may obtain the necessary measurements and information to apply for the PennDOT Permit.  Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for PennDOT approval.  The property owner is solely responsible both temporary and final road restoration per PennDOT’s requirements.
  • Boring:  If the roadway will be involved and the sewer line is on the opposite side of the road, the property owner is solely responsible for boring under the roadway.  Please make sure your contractor reviews and is familiar with HTMA’s Rules and Regulations.


  • IF SEWER CONNECTION REQUIRES A GRINDER PUMP   (Sewage Pump Agreement and $38.50 filing fee will be necessary component of sewer permit application)
  • Make sure you and your contractor know which type of grinder pump will be required; it will either be Environmental One OR Hydromatic.  If there are any questions, contact HTMA’s office at (717) 264-8959. 
  • Property owner is solely responsible for the purchase, installation, operation maintenance and/or replacement of said grinder pump.
  • Make sure you and/or your contractor refers to Detailed Drawings for Low Pressure Sanitary Sewer Details AND FM-6, LP-1, LP-2, and LP-3 in HTMA’s Rules and Regulations.
  • The Metraflex tank adaptor is recommended for use with grinder pump installations.  Discuss this with your contractor. 
  • If your sewer connection required a Hydromatic Grinder Pump, please make sure you and/or your contractor review the attached which have been provided by the manufacturer’s representative:

Hydromatic TL-PRO Grinder System General Installation Notes

Hydromati TL-PRO Grinder Pump System Pictoral

Tank Adaptor (Recommended)