- What Services Do You Provide?
The Hamilton Township Municipal Authority (HTMA) provides public sewer service only.
- What are your office hours?
Our office hours are Monday through Friday 7:30 Am to 4:00 PM.
- How often will I receive a bill?
HTMA issues bills monthly. Bills are printed and mailed out as close to the end of the month as possible so that you should receive your bill the first of each month. The billing would reflect the previous month’s service.
- Can I receive my monthly bill electronically via email?
Yes, you can. You can sign up for E-billing on the customer portal or complete an E-Billing Authorization Form from our website. You can also contact our office if you need help signing up for E-billing. Once signed up, you will no longer receive a paper copy of the bill; however, you will receive an email when the bills are mailed. You can access your bill to view, print and pay on our customer portal 24/7.
- Can I make a payment by phone with my credit or debit card?
Yes, HTMA offers the convenience of accepting MasterCard, Discover, American Express and Visa credit cards. Call us at (717) 264-8959 to make a credit card payment by phone or visit our customer portal to make a credit card payment. A convenience fee does apply for ALL credit card payments.
- Does HTMA accept check payments over the phone?
No, unfortunately we do not have capability at this time to take any check payments over the phone. However, you can go on to the customer portal through our website and make a check payment. This convenience is free of charge.
- I want to sign up for ACH or AutoPay, where payment automatically comes out of my account each month. Do I have to use my checking account or can I use my credit card for the recurring payments?
No, unfortunately, our software is not able to accept ACH or AutoPay payments using a credit card. All payments must be made through a checking or savings account.
- I am experiencing difficulty getting to HTMA’s customer portal to make my sewer payment. Is there an easier way to ensure that I am accessing the correct customer portal?
Yes, please go through our website to access the customer portal. There are several other Hamilton Townships in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Texas. Accessing the customer portal through our website at: www.htmapa.com will help to ensure you are on the correct payment site.
- I own a property that I will be renting out, what do I do?
HTMA requires that all billings for residential accounts remain in the owner’s name and are mailed directly to the property owner as the owner of the property is ultimately responsible for the sewer charges. You could forward the bill to the tenant or if you provide your tenant with the account information (account number and CID number) they can access the customer portal to view, print and pay bills. If you choose to forward bills to your tenants for payment, please advise the tenant we can only accept cash payments from the property owners. All remittances from anyone other than the property owner must be in the form of check, money order or credit card payment.
- If I have a sewer odor inside my house, what should I do?
If you are experiencing a sewer odor inside your house, it is an indication there is a problem with your vents and/or trap. If you have sewer facilities that aren’t used much, the water in the trap may have evaporated which allows the pipe to become a vent to the sewer. As long as you do not have a break or clog in your line and sewer is not overflowing, you can try running water through your sewer facilities. If this does not resolve the problem, contact your plumber.
- What should I know about my building sewer line?
Know where your cleanouts are on your property for easy and quick access in the event of a sewer emergency. Also make sure to keep the cleanout caps easily accessible and not buried under the ground.