ENVIRONMENTAL ONE PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE FOR GRINDER PUMPS
(See Manufacturer's Literature and Recommendations at the bottom of the page)
Environmental One does not specify any preventative maintenance recommendations. See manufacturer's literature attached below.
- Notice wet spots around the tank in your yard and it hasn’t rained recently? This could indicate there is a leakage or overflow from the grinder pump tank in your yard. Contact your plumber to investigate.
- If the alarm keeps going off when it rains – This could mean rainwater may be getting into your grinder pump system and over loading it. Contact your plumber to investigate.
- The unit becomes smelly – When operating normally there should be no noticeable odors coming from the unit.
- If it gets smelly, run clean water down your kitchen, laundry or bathroom sink until the pump runs.
- If there is significant grease accumulation or build up inside the tank, you may want to have the basin pumped out and then flush and/or clean it.