HOW CAN I PAY MY SEWER BILL?
There are several conveniences and options available to you for paying your sewer bill, which are listed below:
- Customer Portal
- On the customer portal you can elect to make payment one of two (2) ways:
- Checking/savings account – you have flexibility to schedule payment for the date you want. Some customers who receive E-billing log into the customer portal and schedule their payment in advance for the billing due date, which guarantees no late charges. This convenience is free of charge.
- Credit card payment – All credit card payments are subject to a convenience fee, which is charged and collected directly by the credit card company. Before your payment processes you will see the amount of the convenience fee, and will be required to check the box to accept the convenience fee and proceed with your transaction.
- AutoPay – Pre-Arranged Sewer Payments
There are two options for AutoPay:
1) Sign up on the customer portal for payment to be drafted on the billing due date; payment method can be by bank draft, e-check or credit card. NOTE: This is the only AutoPay option for using a credit card
2) Complete an application and submit it to our office for AutoPay from your checking or savings account that will automatically draft on the 15th of each month. A quick link for the application is below for your convenience; there are a few things you should know:
- The Net Amount will automatically draft on the 15th of each month; if the 15th falls on a weekend or holiday, payment will draft the first available business day thereafter.
- If you pay the bill but your name is NOT on the bill, such as in a tenant/landlord situation, before signing up for this convenience you should check with your bank to ensure there will not be a problem processing payment since your name is not listed on the bill. The electronic payment files reference the account owner’s name. Some banks can accommodate this and others cannot.
- If we have your completed Authorization Agreement for Pre-arranged Sewer Payments application (see link below) by the 25th of the month, we can do a prenote (or test) with the bank and AutoPay will go live with the new bill printed out at the end of the month.
- You will know AutoPay is live and active when you see AutoPay reflected on your bill under the Net Amount and Gross Amount
ACH Application_Online Form (click on the link to complete the application electronically)
- By Phone (credit card payments only)
- If you call our office at (717) 264-8959 we can take payment over the phone with credit card payments only. Please be aware with all credit card payments there is a convenience fee which is charged and collected directly by the credit card company.
- By Mail
Payments should be mailed to: HTMA
- Please allow ample time for payment to reach us by the due date indicated on the bill.
- In Person
Our office is located at: 1270 Crottlestown Road
- Office hours are Monday through Friday, 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM
- For holidays or inclement weather it is always best to check our website for any office closure notifications.
- Cash payments can only be accepted from the property owner. Any and all payment received from tenants or anyone other than the property owner shall be made via check, money order or credit card. We may ask to see some form of identification when taking cash payments.
- Mail Slot – for after hours payment
- Our office is located at: 1270 Crottlestown Road
Chambersburg, PA 17202
- The mail slot is in our door for after hour payment conveniences.